Strategic Planner - Term Contract (up to 3 years)
About Inner West Council
Inner West Council is among Sydney’s larger local government agencies looking after a vibrant community of 201,000 people living in some of the inner city’s most vibrant, creative, liveable and diverse suburbs.
As we continue to deliver quality, innovative and inclusive programs and services, we would love it if you can join in our journey towards becoming the best council for our community.
We are committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, WHS, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence. The community is at the heart of the organisation and Council puts its values of Integrity, Respect, Innovation, Compassion and Collaboration at the centre of everything that we do. We are here to be of service to the community and make Inner West a great place to be. We expect commitment to these values from all employees in performing their respective roles.
We offer flexible career life balance with hours that allow you to relax and recharge. We offer a variety of flexible work arrangement options (e.g. flexible hours and working from home) where appropriate giving you even greater quality of work life balance.
Permanent employees benefit from our great value gym membership from $15.50/week giving access to a vast network of gyms in Sydney.
Strategic Planners may work across all teams within the Strategic Planning Group depending on workloads in the respective teams and gain wider experience.
The purpose of the role is:
- To efficiently and effectively process planning proposals under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, Local Government Act and in accordance with Council's policies and procedures.
- To prepare reports/strategies/plans and provide advice on a variety of planning matters relevant to the Strategic Planning
- To respond to verbal and written requests for advice concerning planning
Please note, this is a term contract position up to 3 years.
Please read the Position Description to familiarise yourself with all the requirements and conditions of the role.
$88,970.44 - $104,084.24 + Superannuation
Some of the required skills, experience and qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Town Planning or related
- Demonstrated experience in the application of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and Local Government Act in relation to the assessment and consideration of both Council-led and privately-led planning proposals and development control plan amendments and planning policy.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written, including report writing
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
Jennifer Gavin, Team Leader Specialist Planning on 9392 5864
Sunday 11 June 2023 , 11:30PM
We recommend you read the Position Description for the role to make sure your application addresses the requirements of the position. Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants. Please advise us within the application if you need support, reasonable adjustments to participate successfully in the recruitment process.
All new workers must be and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning their work or hold a valid medical contraindication.
Eligibility for employment/Pre employment Checks
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks as required for the position. This may include police records checks, certified copies of relevant qualifications, Driver’s Licence and proof of work rights in Australia (please refer to the Position Description for the specific qualifications/requirements for the role). Copies of any sighted documents will be kept by IWC for its records as proof of verification.
For more information about work rights in Australia please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
Inner West Council is a Diversity employer. We encourage applications from all candidates.
Council is committed to reconciliation and strongly encourages Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and mature aged workers to apply.